Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wrapping up 2012...

It's been exactly 1 month since I blogged last and alot of life has happened in that time! Wasn't quite sure where to start with this "catch up" post so here goes ~

December was a busy month filled with all the "normal" holiday festivities...those of you who know me well KNOW how much I LOVE CHRISTMAS and how very much I LOVE DECORATING for Christmas!!! This year was no exception! I did have a bit of a late start due to the fact that 3 Craft Chicks participated in the Two Women Christmas Show. I learned a BIG lesson this year!!! I MUST decorate my home in November before any Christmas shows! Otherwise it's being done the week before Christmas and I like to have it done sooner so we can all enjoy it longer! I know! I know! I know! I'm just {alittle} crazy for Christmas!!! Always have been & always will be!!!
In my formal living there are 3 trees!!! The tall one has all glass & Old World Christmas ornaments, the silver one by the mirror has all Shiny Brites {those make me HAPPY} and the newest addition is the smaller aluminum tree {purchased from Happy Girl Vintage}that holds all of Grandpa Bernie & Grandma Lorraine's VINTAGE Shiny Brite ornaments along with a few family heirlooms!
I simply ADORE this tree & all the treasured memories it holds!!!

Got to check off something on my bucket list this Christmas!!!
Jim gave me a REVOLVING CHRISTMAS TREE STAND!!!
The catch was I already had my big tree decorated! No worries tho!!! I took off all the glass ornaments and Jim put the new stand on and then I stayed up till 3 a.m. that particular morning redecorating my tree!!!
It was SOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!

Of course in a picture you can't see it moving but trust me...IT MOVES!!!
When I was 10 years old we went to our friends Gary & Ginny Evans home for Christmas and their tree was revolving! I remember that day 35 years ago being so mesmerized by it and saying in my mind that someday I would have one!!! Much of my love for Christmas decorating came from Gary and he to this day still loves all things Christmas!!!

Just a few of my other favorite Christmas decorations ~ ~ ~


We ended the month of December 2012 with a couple very momentous events:
 First...our dear Scotty came to live with us! His mom, brother & sister brought him back over from western Washington a couple days after Christmas! We are all so happy to have him here with us. He certainly brightens ANY day and is a such a reminder of the simple joys of life!!!
Secondly...we signed a lease on an adorable little pink house just a couple miles from our home where 3 Craft Chicks will have scrapbooking/crafting classes and crops. We will also have vintage/antique home decor for sale. I'm most excited about a place for people to gather and be able to craft and work on whatever project they need to. It's going to be alot of fun and I will certainly keep you posted on the details!!!
SO EXCITING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment