Thursday, April 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to dear GRANDPA AL!

Two of the best days...the day this sweet man was born into the world 73 years ago and then 12 years ago when our family met this dear man and his wonderful wife. They adopted our family as their own!!! Our lives have been so enriched and blessed beyond words!!!

The first day we went to their home for Sunday afternoon dinner, Natalie who was 4 at the time climbed up in Al's lap and asked if she could call him Grandpa!!! That is how it all began!!! 

Just a few things I LOVE ABOUT GRANDPA AL ...

~ he loves me unconditionally and has been there for me countless times
~ he is fiercely protective of me
~ our lunch dates at Burger King enjoying a whopper :)
~ his yummy home grown tomatoes...which are absolutely like candy to me
~ learning to garden 
~ canning HUNDREDS of quarts of green beans {those were GOOD TIMES}
~ spending holidays and birthdays together
~ always feeling "at home" at their home
~ his love for all his grandkids which include my 3
~ the fact that he & Jim built every single square inch of our basement & garage
~ he comes immediately when called upon
~ the way he loves the Lord!
~ the example he has been in his 53 + yr marriage to Grammy Pat
~ he's like a big kid when it comes to Christmas & gift giving
~ he's just steady and rock solid!!!

One of my most favorite phone messages I have saved is one from Grandpa Al and it goes like this...
"It's just your Daddy calling to see how my baby girl is doing and wondering if we can have lunch soon..." Do you see why I just adore Grandpa Al?

We just actually got home from dinner at their home and I have a feeling this might not surprise any of you what his favorite meal is...
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans...YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment