Tuesday, June 5, 2012

my treasure ~ GRANDMA LORRAINE

This morning, June 5th, sweet Grandma Lorraine passed away and is no longer struggling here on this earth. For selfish reasons I of course wish I had one more time with her. It would never be enough! !! I'm sure I would always want "just one more day with Grandma". Just last week when this picture was taken she told me she was so ready "to go" and I told her I understood and that I also was willing to let her go! It's hard when those we love leave this earth but she was almost 88 years old and had lived a wonderful full life. Since Grandpa Bernie passed away a few years she has been so lonely and that always made me sad. She was the most brave woman and has survived many health obstacles. She was such a strong person and I admired so many qualities about her.

Grandma Lorraine was Jim's grandma and when I met her almost 26 years ago she took me in as her own grandchild. I felt so loved by her. She visited freely & openly with me and we just always shared such a unique and special relationship. I will miss picking up the phone and hearing Grandma's sweet voice on the other end. She and Grandpa lived in Bothell, Wa. I'm grateful that over the past month Jim and I were able to take turns going back and forth to Bothell to help care for her during her last days. Those days will be treasured and carried in our hearts forever.  I feel so blessed for my children to have had such a great-grandma! She was always an active part of their lives and they will miss her!

Many people that knew Grandma say...
"SHE WAS THE SWEETEST LADY WHO EVER LIVED".

I would agree!!!

2 comments:

  1. You will forever be blessed with the lessons, the memories and the sweet thoughts of this incredible woman. It is a gift that you girls made the trek to see her last week and will always have that to carry with you. I am sorry for your loss, but happy for the love you have shared. Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle and Jim, we are so sorry for your loss. Just remember all the sweet times with her and know she is rejoicing in her eternal home! Thank goodness for the promise of a reunion one day with our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete