Wednesday, July 25, 2012

my OASIS friends...

Heather, JonElla, June, Linda, Sue Stephanie & Michele 
~ missing one of our group at this luncheon ~ Pam!
 
This group of ladies have come to mean alot to me. I met them all {except of course my mom} through a ladies bible study at Lifecenter Church called Oasis. I only attended a few months but in that short period grew to love and adore each of these dear women. It is so fun because still when they get together and have lunch outside of bible study they always invite me!!!

When I got home yesterday I looked up the word OASIS in the dictionary...

OASIS
1. A fertile spot in a desert where water is found
2. A pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult, troubled or hectic place or situation

I think that definition sums it up perfectly!!!

 Life can be and is very hard at times and the oasis of friends in the midst of that is so refreshing. Life is also full of happy moments and it is so fun to share that with these friends also!!! Another aspect I simply relish about each one of my OASIS friends is they are REAL!!! REAL is good and often times now a days is a rare find!!!

Yesterday we met for lunch at the
YUM! YUM! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I love that definition! So sweet that you still get to enjoy these ladies!

    ReplyDelete