Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MY vacation because of THEIR vacation...PART 1

One of my favorite things about having company from out of town is I get to be a tourist in my town and have a mini vacation!!! 

It really is TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I had not seen these folks for 25 plus years {won't let that happen again} and we enjoyed reconnecting after all this time!!!


My Aunt MaryAnn {in between Jim & Lauren} is my dad's sister and 5 of her daughters {MY COUSINS} came to visit. My aunt and uncle have 9 children, 7 of which are girls and the girls go on a SISTERS TRIP every year so I felt so very blessed that chose Washington as their destination this year. 5 flew in from Iowa and 1 from California. 

I grew up seeing them usually every summer and then after some tough life circumstances had lost touch with them. I regret that however realize it's just part of life and I am thankful that we're "back together" again!!! We're already planning our vacation together next summer!!! 

Here is a RE-CAP of our wonderful week together...

I was so shocked because...
my cousin Shelly SURPRISED me!!! She originally was unable to come on the trip due to conflicting events but then found out a couple weeks ago she would be able to come out. Growing up I had always been closest to Shelly as we are the same age and her younger sister Trisha is the same age as my sister. They are the youngest 2 of the 9 children so it was only natural that Laura and I spent the most time with them. When I found out Shelly couldn't come I was so disappointed. So imagine my shock when Mom and I picked up Sheryl at the airport and I was asked my a "stranger" if we could give her a ride because she didn't have any money for a cab. I stared at her knowing we could give her a ride however there was this feeling that this woman was familiar but I couldn't place why I felt that way. Finally, after a few moments Sheryl said..."Michele...it's SHELLY"...I literally SQUEALED with delight and was so happy she was able to come on the trip!!! We certainly had alot of catching up to do!!! It had been 28 years!!! Way too long!!!
My cousin Sheryl is from California and I have been able to see her a few times over the last several years and I'm so thankful for that!!! 

The rest of the gang arrived at 11:15 p.m. {Monday 7/9} and they didn't know Shelly was coming either...so they were SURPRISED too when I brought them back to moms!

 
DAY #1 - Tuesday 7/10/12
Had a big breakfast and then everyone got ready and we went downtown to Riverfront Park and to ROOST as they wanted to see 3 Craft Chicks spaces.
Melonie, Brenda, Aunt MaryAnn, Sheryl, Kim, Shelly, Michele & JonElla
Aunt MaryAnn & my Mom ~ JonElla
Sheryl, JonElla & Kim
JonElla, Shelly & Aunt Mary
 Shelly & Sheryl "cooling off" in the dancing fountains...

Brenda & Kim

We did alot of GAME PLAYING...

Barbeque for dinner ~ YUM!
When we were all together there was 13 of us!!!

Lauren & her boyfriend Austin
  
 DAY #2 - Wednesday 7/11/12
~COUSINS~

It was such a beautiful day to go to Lake Couer d'Alene...
Went on a cruise around the lake...
 
THE BIG ADVENTURE...
Lauren & Kim went...
PARASAILING!!!
That was so exciting & fun to watch!!!  

DAY #3 - Thursday 7/12/12
Had a low key day...played more games, mom and I took Aunt Mary and Kim to the Rose Garden at Manito Park and Brenda & Mel made Chicken 'n Dumplings for dinner...it was oh so good!!!
Some of us played games inside and some played outside on the patio...
It was fun because there was always something going on & someone to visit with wherever you were in mom's home! :)

My cousin Kim gave each of my girls a nickname.
Natalie became Tilly
Lauren became Lou

Part of the reason that happened was because Kim kept calling my Lauren ~ Laura because that's what she was used to from growing up as it was always...Michele & Laura...Laura & Michele
My girls loved having a nickname and I have a feeling the names are going to stick long after our family is gone home!!!

STAY TUNED FOR PART 2 ~
the rest of MY vacation & THEIR vacation!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment