Thursday, August 2, 2012

Remembering fondly {my} Connie ~

Many of you know I worked as a caregiver for over 4 years with the most phenomenal client named Connie! To say my life was changed the day I met her would be an understatement. She radiated love and gentleness like no other with the most unique balance of sheer strength and determination! I learned so many amazing things from watching her and listening to stories of her long and blessed life of nearly 90 years.

Connie LOVED and ADORED her family! I was so grateful to become part of this most amazing family and have made deep and lasting friendships with many of her loved ones. She was such an incredible wife, mom, grandma, aunt, daughter, sister and friend ~
what an example to me and countless others.

I have never known someone who LONGED to go HOME to HEAVEN and that was her prayer each night especially the last couple years! She felt she had lived such a wonderful life and was just ready! She yearned to see her Lord and be reunited with her beloved husband and her precious daughter whom she had outlived.

I held her hand that morning just one year ago today as she took her last breath here on earth and said a prayer of thanksgiving for the profound blessing and influence Connie was in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment