Monday, January 7, 2013

Cousin/Sister {+Michele} Christmas luncheon

Many of you know I used to be a caregiver for the most wonderful lady and during my years of caring for her became quite involved and attached to her amazing family! Her family spent many hours with their mom, grandma and aunt and so consequently I spent many hours with them. Her grandchildren and I became the best of friends! I remember {secretly} wondering if our friendship would remain as strong after their Grandma passed away but I had nothing to worry about!  Our friendships have not only remained but grown stronger and I look forward to many years and cherished memories ahead.

One of my most favorite events is a Christmas luncheon held by her granddaughter Cami. It is a cousin/sister lunch and I was invited last year. It was truly beautiful and perfect in every way. I did not assume that I would be invited this year so when I received my invite
 I WAS ECSTATIC!!!

The luncheon was the day before a big Christmas show 3 Craft Chicks participated in so that meant a big day of set up!  Did that stop me? NO WAY!!! I went up to Southhill and dropped off my "stuff" and did alittle bit of unpacking and then hopped in my car and headed out to Liberty Lake to Cami's. Got to Cami's and was immediately transported into her
WINTER WONDERLAND!!!
Pretty PINK Christmas decor ~ so lovely!!!
Just absolutely love me my Cami!
YUMMY FOOD ~ Spokane Club Salad & their Grandma's bean salad
Their Grandma's {delicious} chicken casserole ~ such comfort food!
Their Grandma's one of a kind cheesecake ~ served on Fostoria dishes
Flocked tree with Cami's grandma's pink ornaments
The start of Cami's wonderful SANTA collection!
The BIG Tree ~ glass & old world Christmas ornaments ~ so pretty!
Pink kissing ball
 The SKATERS ~ a  favorite that had been her Grandma's!
Asian themed tree ~ love!
Skiier ornament tree {all ornaments given by her Grandma through the yrs.}
FRIENDS FOR LIFE! Kathy & Cami ~ love them bunches!
LOVE!!!These 3! Watch out when they are together!
Dani, Terri, Rachael, Kathy, Cami & Shelly ~ COUSINS & SISTERS!
Gathered around the table!
Lovely aluminum tree with beautiful shiny brite ornaments!
Can you tell how much fun we were having? Laughed so hard that day!!!
LAUGHTER IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!! for SURE!!!
Perfect & beautiful tablescape!
Felt stocking made by Cami's grandma years ago...!
Family heirlooms are the best!
Orange felt stocking made by Cami's mom when she was little!
Love this vintage church!
THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!
This was Cami's Grandma's and the years I cared for her, I helped her put out her Christmas decor! I loved every single thing however this was at the tippy top of my most favorites list!!! I love how this family "does" Christmas ~ like how I "do" Christmas! All the grandchildren have inherited beautiful decorations and family heirlooms and continue to carry on traditions that I KNOW their Grandma would be most proud of!!!

Cami said she would understand if I couldn't have come due to scheduling conflict however there was no way I was going to miss this event! I don't ever want to loose my spot at it! :)

Can you even imagine my surprise when I got a Christmas calendar card in the mail? She used the picture with me in it...I was so humbled and honored!
It made me start crying!!!

This is such an extraordinary group of women that I'm blessed to be part of!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful pictures! And it is so sweet that you can be a part of this. All of you can share the love and history, stories and "little things" you all know of Connie. Thank you for sharing. and I LOVE LOVE that orange stocking!!!

    ReplyDelete