Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grace Before Meat...

I found this amazing picture this summer at an estate sale and I
just feel the poem that is written on the print speaks volumes!


Grace Before Meat

This is the dream of the soldier...
Home - where his thoughts have been
for these long, weary years of war.
Home - with his family, his love,
his hopes for tomarrow.
This will be his first festive meal
in many, many months.
And as heads are solemnly bowed
their hearts will remember those
who gave their lives for lasting peace.
This is "Grace before meat."


 The painting is by Hadden Lundbolm inspired by the
essay by Charles Lamb

During this holiday season I'm reminded just how thankful
I am for all the men and women who have sacrificed for my
freedom. As my family says grace tomarrow before our
Thanksgiving meal, I will be mindful of all that I am truly thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment