Friday, November 11, 2011

A happy change to the Mr. and Mrs. room...

Two days before my friend came to visit last week, I got a hairbrained (is that a word?) idea to rearrange our master bedroom. Jim is so great about my decorating ideas and "visions" I continually seem to have HOWEVER I will admit he questioned the timing of this one! Funny tho...once I got it on my mind I had to do it! He did quietly remind me that Shara would NOT be staying in our room as she would be staying in the PINK room...think he hoped that would changed my mind. I could not be strayed! {I just love Jim}

I love it! I knew I couldn't make changes with comforter and window treatments as I knew Jim would say there was nothing wrong with what we had. I just basically wanted to rearrange the {BEAUTIFUL} bedroom furniture and change a few decorations. I went down in the basement and went "shopping" from some former things like bedside table lamps, etc. Proves my point that it's good to hang to some things as you just never know when they might come in handy for a redecorating project! Jim liked the end result especially the fact it didn't affect our budget!  HeeHee!

These are the before pictures...
I absolutely love our bedroom set! It was a gift from my mom several years ago and it is so gorgeous! I did like the room arrangement...guess I just simply wanted a change! :) One of the most challenging parts was the vinyl Mr.and Mrs. above our headboard...well...I wanted that moved too! I just had such faith in Jim! He did remove it and apply it again but did stipulate that would be the one and only time he would be doing that! If I changed my mind he would NOT move it again. The color on the walls is almond paste so it's subtle and I do really like it. I did mention repainting our room a darker color after Shara left. There are just times when I really do know when to just leave it well enough alone! Almond paste it will stay! I love that he's such a perfectionist in some areas because it meant Mr. and Mrs. got re-applied to a different wall perfectly!
Thank you Jimbo! You're the BEST!!!

Now for the rearranged room...
I must admit one reason I wanted to re-do this room was I wanted to use this amazing chair! This was a fantastic purchase this past summer at an estate/garage sale. It only costs $5.00! It is sooooo comfy and it looks like it had not been used after it was reupholstered and it is the most wonderful crushed velvet you can imagine. I made an end table in the very small space with some old books I got at a different estate sale and put a lamp that was in my storage room downstairs. I'm very happy with my little corner...I can sit and do my bible study or look at the loads of magazines I have. I heart magazines...just sayin'!


I still need to add some finishing touches and wall decor however all in all I'm very happy with how it turned out! It made me smile when Jim commented on how he did love it and especially liked that I was downsizing on the amount of pillows on the bed. He's so darn sweet...never complained all these years when I had a bazillion pillows on our bed!
I think it was worth all the hard work and effort...

a happy change to our Mr. and Mrs. room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment