Friday, November 11, 2011

With humble and grateful heart on this...

Veterans Day...11/11/11...thank you does not seem enough for the men and women who have served and continue to serve my beloved country. Fighting for and protecting my freedom {that is so easily taken for granted}. So many family and close friends have and are serving...my husband being numero uno on my list!

I will say THANK YOU and hope it conveys the gratitude and pride I feel for those in our military. The sacrifice our military men and women make is immense and just as great is the sacrifice the family members make so they're loved ones can serve and protect our great country! So that I may continue to live in this country...one nation under God with liberty and justice for all!

People that aren't in the military don't always realize much of what military life entails. The 24/7 on call status, cannot just quit your job if you want to, being sent off to war sometimes multiple times, it doesn't matter if it's Christmas or your loved ones birthday you may have to work or be gone, you always do what you're told when you're told with no questions asked... HOWEVER ask most military men and women and they wouldn't trade it for anything. Something my grandfather used to say sticks in my mind...when people would say that it's not fair that he had insurance for life he would quickly and quietly say..."I prepaid"! So profound! So true! My poppy retired from the US Army and served in both WW II and The Korean Conflict so yes I would say he prepaid for insurance for life!

My husband Jim retired from the US Air Force after 23 years of service. {I'm rather proud of my sweetheart} Jim's dad, stepdad, sister and brother in law have all retired from the Air Force. My dad was in the Air Force for 12 years and several of my uncles, cousins and dear dear friends have served in the military. My adopted dad {known to his troops as Top} retired from the US Army. I'm proud to live in the good ol' USA and I know my freedoms have come at a very high price!
 
From the bottom of my heart
THANK YOU

1 comment:

  1. I like that! I "Prepaid"! Now it's triwest- or Tricare- whatever. Either-way they are trying to take it away. Try to do that to a union worker! Yea- all over for that.
    Good word Michele!

    ReplyDelete