Friday, November 11, 2011

A {sweet} visit with a friend

On November 1st my friend Shara flew out to visit from Illinois. Her husband and 3 children deserve a huge thank you for sharing her with the Craft family for 6 whole days! It really was the best!!! We had so much fun...we laughed and talked endlessly, shopped, ate lotsa good food, watched movies, played games and did some awesome crafting! We certainly packed alot into our time...truly just had the sweetest week!

Day #1 we had lunch at "The Rusty Moose"...one word describes it...YUMMY!

Have you ever seen such delicious Cheese Sticks? Sooo good & like no other cheese sticks I've ever had!

Shara in the PINK room! I made some additions & changes since she was here last year so she was excited to be it's guest again! A cute story about that room...one morning as she talked with her middle son Jordan who is 6 she told him she was staying in the PINK room and he first couldn't believe she got to stay all by herself in her own room and then he very emphatically told her  "she sure was a lucky ducky!" Then he proceeded to yell to his brother Jamison (4) and sister Jannah (8) that "Wow mom's staying in a PINK room!"
I'm glad it was so special...that's how I want it to be when someone comes to stay in the PINK room!

Ok now really?!? This is a Slimcado...when we went to the commissary I just had to buy it because I've never had one and it fascinated me that it was so big. It has 50% less fat than a regular avacado. Shara made guacamole with it and it was very good. The calories saved went to the Chicken Taco's that I made. I had ask Shara what her top requests were while she was here...1) {my} chicken tacos and 2) {jim's} chicken fettucini! We were most happy to oblige!

After dinner we played Bananagrams! Have you ever played it? It's just loads of fun and along the lines of Scrabble however faster and in my opinion easier! We LOVE this game at the Craft home! Still I have a hard time because I'm married to a Scrabble and Crossword King so I have yet to win but I'm just sure my day will come! {I HOPE!}

Day 2 adventures included a trip to Chaps {an all time favorite}.  We had lunch there and it was absolutely fabulous! As 6 yr. old Jordan would say I'm "a lucky ducky" for having such a place right here in my hometown of Spokane!
Lauren was able to spend sometime with us as she was still not able to go to school. Shara and I enjoyed that even though Lauren get tuckered out faster than normal. {By the way...Lauren is now back to school and adjusting...would appreciate prayer for continued strength and stamina as she recovers from her car accident}

This is what I ALWAYS have for lunch at Chaps! Too nummy! Hamburger with lots of fixins and a bleu cheese butter {to die for} and the BEST pea salad! I'm getting hungry just looking at it as I do this post. 

Chaps version of a grilled cheese! So delicious! It had lots of cheese with bacon and apples and I don't even know what other good stuff! We were so stuffed we couldn't even have dessert which is a whole 'nother event at Chaps in and of itself! {Just fyi the lemon cake is my favorite...it melts in your mouth!}

I just HEART everything single thing about Chaps!

It is just so very 
I would say Shara and I are CHAPS GIRLS!

After Chaps we went to PINK. A wonderfully vintage/antique/industrial decor store.Many things in there have glitter {which all who know me know I'm a glitter girl}. One of the owners of that fine store is Celeste who also owns Chaps! After that we went and had a Cherry Limeade at Sonic because of course it was happy hour and drinks are 1/2 price which makes me happy. Then after that onto some thrift store shopping. It was most exciting because Shara found something she has been looking for. So exciting when that happens.
Shara trying out her vintage Spirograph! She was so delighted when she saw that at Value Village. We were back in the game section looking for Scrabble games as we use them in crafting projects. Not a single Scrabble game to be found but that's ok...she found this jewel. It was only missing 2 pieces and even had the original pens...she just was trying it out here with a regular pen to see if it worked. She homeschools her 3 children and has been trying to find one of these originals but had no luck until now! Yippee! We did quite a bit of thrift shopping and had oh so much fun...found some old books, crafting items and just way too cool things!

3rd day included lunch at Clinkerdaggers...so very good...I wanted to take Shara there to celebrate her birthday which was at the beginning of October. We enjoyed lunch and the view was beautiful! That afternoon more shopping and visiting. Then met Jim and the girls for dinner at Red Robin. Jim had a gift card for there and wanted to take us out to din with Shara. I wasn't kidding you when I said we ate lotsa yummy food while she was here!

Nat, Lauren & Shara at Red Robin

 Shara always makes Lauren Taffy Apple Pizza...cuz she used to make it for Lauren all those years ago when we all first became friends! We all love when Shara makes this scrumptious dessert!


4th day festivities included more shopping...did the Nordstrom Rack, Ross and TJ Maxx thing that day and Lauren was able to spend some time with us again. Then for dindin we headed home because as you can imagine we had lotsa leftovers and needed more game playing time! Oh so fun! My girls so enjoyed Shara here!

5th day adventures started off with breakfast at...you guessed it...Chaps!
It's no surprise they're First Place Winner in Best of Spokane!!!

After breakfast Shara and I drove out to the Nine Mile area and went to an amazing Vintage Show. We went last year while she was here and this year was even better. They even added a few more vendors. We did some more thrift shopping after that especially because of some things we saw at the show. It gave us both great visions...Came home that evening and did some crafting! It was so much fun...we made these cool little Christmas trees on old wooden spools {involved bleaching...interesting} and glitter spray! We were very happy with the end result.
So sweet...I especially LOVE when a project turns out just as envisioned! 
(Doesn't always happen that way...)


Then Lauren, Shara and I stayed up half the night each of us making a Christmas banner! I can tell I'm going to be making banners now like crazy! Loved it!
Lauren's NOEL banner...exquisite! She is so talented!

My NOEL banner

Shara's NOEL banner

Day 6 began only a few short hours after we girls had gone to bed! {I can honestly say we took advantage of every moment while Shara was our guest!} Even cooloer we gained an extra hour because of the time change that weekend!  Shara was packed and Jim prepared our yummy lunch of his {famous} chicken fettucini and Nat made a delicious salad. Lauren and Shara got the bright idea that there was probably enough time to whip out another banner...a Valentine theme it would be! 
 
Lauren's beautiful banner drying after she put lots of stickles on it!
{Love me some sparkle}

Would have to say we definitely went bonkers for banners!!!

After our tummy's were full from the fantastic dindin Jim made us, it was time to take Shara to the airport! My heart was sad to say goodbye to my friend! So happy tho that we had such a perfect wonderful week together and already planning and talking about when we can see each other again.
{I'm longing to go see her 3 sweet kiddos!}

I'm so grateful for the blessing of friendship...truly good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment