Thursday, October 27, 2011

BOHO re{treat}...post #2


My birthday gift from Jim this year was the Boho Retreat. I know there is a reason the word {treat} is part of the word retreat! It truly was an amazing experience. On the postcard it says it's an {unconventional} gathering to renew body, soul and mind. It's guaranteed to tickle your artistic fancy...included in this fabulous weekend are classes, lodging, meals and whimsy. Let me tell you it did not disappoint! I've already done an overview post about it however still had some pictures and fun aspects I wanted to share with you...

I hopped in Junebug and {we} started the journey to Elaine Tolson's home which took 1 hour and 45 minutes. The drive in and of itself was beautiful as all the fall colors are in full swing. I turned on my radio and took a deep breath and although a tad bit nervous for the new experience I was also most excited! I had seen pictures of other events Elaine has hosted and I knew I was in for a real  reTREAT!

Upon getting out of my car I was greeted very warmly by her dog Cash! By the end of the 3 days Cash had definitely wiggled himself into all our hearts! When I got inside all the other Boho Girls were seated at the table and Elaine gave us an overview of the weekend. I knew immediately I would LOVE it! I felt so "at home" too! There were 6 ladies doing the retreat and then Elaine's mom and sister came and went and did some crafting and helping in the kitchen. Jennifer was the FOOD LADY {EXTRAORDINAIRE}. 
We did lots of wonderful arts and crafts, ate way to much beyond delicious food, talked and laughed and made friends with each other. It was such a relaxed atmosphere and truly a getaway from reality. I loved that was no cell phone service there. We could use her house phone for calling and left her home # with our families if they did need to reach us. 

Elaine and her husband {who usually has other plans for Boho weekends} live about 15 minutes past Chewelah in a beautiful log cabin built my Elaine's dad. Elaine's folks lived there amidst all the beautiful country and tamarack trees and now that they've downsized and moved into town  Elaine and her hubby now live there. {I'm quite sure if I was Elaine I might never want to leave my home} They have the sweetest farm...chickens and goats, cats and dogs...The cabins on the property for lodging at these retreats are so amazing and the view around their property is so peaceful. Anyway...I'll show some fun pictures of this most fabulous weekend and just know it truly was a re{treat}!

You know I love all things vintage and pretty so all around her home were many treasures ...

Sir Eli {the real king of this castle}

these " feed sack bags"  Elaine makes and {sells}are just the coolest!


Vintage tablecloths adorned the tables...
my friends & family know I HEART vintage linens!

Another great big love of mine are dishes! In my opinion a girl really can never have too many dishes!

Aren't these just the sweetest pattern?


Now to look at some wonderfulness outside...

how fun...a bonfire...roasting marshmallows...you see Mr. Cash is lovin' it!

perfect fireside seating...hay bales & old quilts!

 

Down on the FARM...
 


Do you remember these lil chicks?
sweet silkies at Elaine's {Vintage Charm} booth at Farm Chicks Show

   {not the greatest picture}... however sure was nice to see these sweet silkie chicks again

The lodging for a Boho girl are just fantastic. 
over the top accomadations...

There were just so many wonderful and lovely aspects to this whole weekend...a few more pictures to try and give a {small} glimpse into this extraordinary experience!

Was this 3 legged guest on the invited list??? I think not :)

Sheila & Kelly {mom & daughter} with Cash...anytime Sheila stepped foot out the door she had a loyal furry friend with her. Mr. Cash is the sweetest dog and I just know he thinks he's a "lap dog". He walked with the ladies back and forth between the Tolson house and the Boho Cabins. 

Here is that Angel Food Cake made with wheat flour so I'm pretty sure it was healthy for me to consume it. Oh yea! I forgot I dipped in chocolate fondue...hmmmm

Lord... BLESS the hands that lovinly prepared all our scrumptious meals.


creating & crafting Boho Girls

a personal trunk show by Elaine...we loved seeing the aprons and what not she's made and sells in different shows! You can't see the aprons very well ...trust me tho they are each unique and beautiful.  She is an "apron superstar" in my opinion { I'm going to brag on her a bit} ...one of her aprons was featured in the magazine APRONOLOGY!

I got to stay in Elaine's home in her guestroom so when I arrived at the re{treat}Thursday at noon and promptly removed my shoes,  I never put them on again until Saturday at 5:00 p.m. I so loved doing that! I wore my slippers to the bon fire and when we went outside to take the group shot. I hadn't even noticed however Elaine had and thought it was cute when she vacuumed each a.m. there still sat my shoes in the same exact spot. I didn't want to put them on as that meant it was time to leave...I really didn't want to leave...ya know tho I think that's the best way to leave something only longing to come back again because it means the experience had at such an event was just PERFECT! Wouldn't change a thing!

Lastly, one of my most favorite pictures was this one of Mr. Cash...
On the outside looking in...just waiting for his new Boho friends to come outside and pet him!

Anxiously awaiting next time...

1 comment:

  1. That is a perfectly wonderful post...thank you for all of the sweet things that you have shared about your experience...it's hard to believe that a week has already passed...blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete