Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Praising God for protection of my precious girl...


On Tuesday morning 10/11/2011, my daughter Lauren was a in a car accident on her way to school. When I got "that" phone call I will admit I couldn't breath for a moment until I heard the words "she's ok". Although it was bad it could have been so much worse.

There is an area of construction on our interstate and there have been many accidents at that exact spot. She is bruised and scratched from the seatbelt and had some burns from the airbag deploying and also a very stiff neck and body. I know MY GOD was watching over her and taking care of my precious girl at that precise moment. There was also 2 angels whom I will never know that stopped and helped my Lauren. They were in the car behind her so they witnessed the entire accident. The husband called 911 and sprinted across the freeway to help Lauren and his wife came over and comforted my daughter and waited with her till the police got there. The women also called Jim and told him that Lauren had been in an accident.

 I received a call from Jim and I happened to be getting in my car to go to bible study. Instead of bible study I went to try to get to Lauren. Of course the traffic was very backed up due to her accident. Jim couldn't get to her either. That's where our youngest daughter came to the rescue. She lives with my mom and her way of getting to the accident site was accessible unlike Jim and mine. I am so thankful Nat got there first...she's so calming and knew exactly what to do to help her sister! She's just good like that!

Lauren went to the ER and had lots of X-rays...thankfully no broken bones. Her arm and wrist were sore and swollen so we worried about that due the fact she's in cosmetology school and definitely couldn't do hair with a broken wrist! Minor detail! :) The seatbelt did leave burn marks and abrasions on her chest and the airbag also left some marks and bruising however I'll take the marks it left as it saved Lauren's life! Today she is incredibly sore and stiff and moving pretty slow but she's alive! I know from living through the loss of my beloved sister from a car accident what's it's like to get "that" phone call and not have the outcome be such as this was!

God was protecting my girl and I'm so thankful for that! I'm so thankful for the many prayers and calls of concern that we have received since the accident. I'm so very thankful for the 2 angels unaware that helped my child in her time of need as she waited for her dad and me to arrive.

Just has been a reminder again of not taking life for granted 
and cherish every moment you do have with your loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's ok..I was on the phone with my Dad when I read the post. Thank God those people knew to Call your husband!! Take Care and I hope to talk to you soon!! Your Cousin Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful Lauren is okay...so scary...love you all!

    ReplyDelete