Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's 4 Dinner...It's Special Request Night

Tonight at the our home was SPECIAL REQUEST NIGHT!  I noticed after I was in the process of cooking that there were alot of carbs in this meal...not very balanced...guess it doesn't matter for special request night! Nat requested cauliflower and orange jello salad. Lauren requested scalloped potato's and a family friend Brittany requested meatloaf and corn casserole! Sure was delicious! Especially nice because I'm going on a 3 day retreat tomorrow so there is plenty of leftovers for Jim while I'm gone.

My favorite tonight was corn casserole. I remember growing up I didn't like it at all! I can't even believe that!!! Now as an adult it's an all time favorite! The only ingredient missing tonight in the corn was pimento's...couldn't find them at the store last night and finally gave up. I missed having them for their added flavor and color.The orange jello tastes like an orange creamsicle! Yummy good! I was remembering tonight also how Nat when she was about 4 yrs.old  used to ask for "that white broccoli stuff"...finally figured out it was cauliflower!

I told Jim after dinner he hadn't made any requests tonight...he said no worries...it ALL would have been his special request. I do notice when it all is on his plate that there is no green and without the pimentos in the corn casserole I must admit the presentation and color is not as "Martha Stewartish" as I would have liked! Rest assure that didn't affect the taste! :)

1 comment:

  1. BEST REQUEST DINNER EVER!! I loved it and it tasted all so good. Thank you for letting me be apart of the Special Request Dinner.

    ReplyDelete