Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIBETH JOY!

Just don't even know where to begin about my dearest friend Maribeth! It is her birthday today and I just wanted her to know I am thinking of her on her special day and just how very much she means to me!

We met back in 1985 at Tillicum Baptist Church where my dad was pastoring. Maribeth and I hit it off right away and spent sooooo much time together. She played the piano and organ so we sure had lots of fun playing together for church. Her husband Don was a great friend also. When Jim and I got married in 1987, the 4 of us did everything together. We loved to go out to eat, we played Skipbo for hours, we went on trips together and the next year when we had Tyler...Maribeth & Don just fell in love with him and so we just had an addition to our fun times together  Maribeth was with me every step of the way when my precious sister passed away in October 1988 and then a short 8 months later I walked through a very dark time in
her life when she lost her only child, Michelle.

The Lord knows when, where & why we need certain friends in our life! Our Lord sure knew we would really need each other!

Maribeth is such a joyful person and I absolutely LOVE to hear her laugh. She's so sweet and fun and we sure could talk the hours away! She loves our Lord and is such a sweet testimony of all God has done in & through her. Her husband Don passed away in 1997 and Maribeth moved to Florida to be near her family. She then met & married a wonderful man, Andy. I was able to fly to see them in 2008. We had the best time ever! Andy & I hit it off immediately and I can't wait to see them again sometime...I hope it is very very soon!

I'm sorry to say I had lost touch with Maribeth for a few years after she moved to Florida however 5 years ago, I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life and my precious mom just knew I needed my friend Maribeth back in my life! My mom through a series of people and former churches etc. tracked down her current phone number in Florida! What a sweet reunion that was! I don't talk often enough with Maribeth but I hope she knows just how very much I do love her and I will always cherish our friendship!

I do know she's always there for me and I 'm always here for her!

Dear Maribeth,
HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Your friend...Micheley :)

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment