Sunday, October 9, 2011

My friend KATHY'S BIRTHDAY lunch

 On Thursday, October 6th was my dear friend Kathy's birthday! I met Kathy and her cousin Cami for lunch at Ambrosia Bistro in the Spokane Valley! Wow! It was absolutely yummy and the fellowship between us friends was so sweet! Kathy and Cami are granddaughters to my precious client I cared for that just passed away in August. I will always be so thankful to her for bringing her grandchildren to my world! They are such a gift to me and I love that we still get together even though our dear CJH has gone home to be with the Lord. I love that their grandma was our connection however I know if we had met under different circumstances we would still share the kind of deep abiding friendship that we do!
That just means the world to me!


For Kathy's birthday I made her a paper bag album from our fantastic time
at The Farm Chicks Show that was in June of this year!
It was lots of fun to make and neat to reminisce about that awesome show!
I'll do a separate post on the paper bag album so you can see it all.



 Although it was Kathy's special day somehow I received some
wonderful and thoughtful gifts! How do I rate? I couldn't believe it!
Had lunch at Cami's several weeks ago and she uses silver napkin
rings that she's picked up at antique shows and I just fell in love with them
and that whole idea! I'm a big fan of using cloth napkins at my home!
She gave me an early bday gift at Kathy's luncheon...2 of my very own
to start my collection! I'm very blessed!



Then...they handed me a beautiful gift bag to open! Again, I couldn't
understand because it was Kathy's day...as I opened it I just 
squealed with delight and disbelief! It was a beautiful clock that
had been their grandma's and they just knew how I LOVED it! You see clocks
and precise time keeping were of utmost importance to their grandma!
 Believe I knew how important!



Another bag to open...for me...
I absolutely was stunned! A gorgeous pair of candlesticks!
Their grandma had the most phenomenal collection of candlesticks
I've ever seen in my whole life! I always loved
talking with her about her collection and
oohing and aahing over them all!
All 5 grand kids wanted me to have
this particular pair that are just beyond beautiful! They're crystal with hearts
and have the dangling prisms! My favorite! 

I love having
reminders and remembrances of their grandma...
my beloved CJH!

1 comment: