Sunday, October 7, 2012

My daughter is an OFFICIAL CHAPS girl!

I will readily admit that CHAPS here in Spokane, WA is my all time favorite place to not only eat but also hang out and enjoy time with friends & family! Now I'm most excited because my Natalie is working there! Her dad & I went to have lunch there today & yes to see her "at work".  She loves it & they all love her! 

This mama couldn't be any prouder!
~ me & MY CHAPS girl ~

~ Nat & her DAD ~
One of the many things I love about Jim & how he parents is how he has taught & instilled in all 3 of our children the importance of hard work & having a good work ethic!

We had such a wonderful surprise today as we went to Chaps ~ our dear friends Nathan, Jennifer & Glenn were also there! We had not planned it at all and in fact were going to go to Chaps earlier in the a.m. but then decided to go for lunch! It ended up being the best afternoon ~ it was beautiful outside so we got to sit outdoors and enjoyed  probably one of the last warm days of fall. Glenn got to just play & play...Celeste {owner of Chaps} was able to join us as it had finally slowed down at the restaurant. Sundays are their busiest days! It was absolutely wonderful! Yes...and so fun also watching Natalie in action! :)

~ Me, Celeste & Jennifer ~
Love the friendship we all share!

Look at this lil' cutie pie!!!
Glenn Kelly turned 2 the end of May and he is such a joy and sure can bring a smile to my face & heart!

At one point he asked his dad Nathan if he could get something out of their van. He returned with his {toy} chainsaw & began trimming the trees!

Okay...let me tell you about these 2...
Glenn absolutely adores his Uncle Jim!
Whenever we spend time with them all I hear is..."Uncle Jim this....or Uncle Jim that..."...he talks to him and refers to him constantly. Jenn says that he does that even at home if he hasn't seen Jim in awhile! It is absolutely the sweetest thing! So can you imagine his sheer delight when we ran into each other at Chaps today! It was pure heaven for this little boy! Broke my heart as we went to get in Jim's truck...Glenn was saying..."Uncle please come home with me...come sit by me..." Oh the love of a 2 year old! I just KNOW it is the best! Jim loves Glenn to pieces too!

~Me & my dear friend Jennifer~
I was thrilled to see her today. I have been gone for 3 weeks and had missed her so! I think she may have missed me too because as we hugged she whispered in my ear...
"Don't EVER EVER go away for that long again"! :)
Sometimes we may not see each other for weeks however it's different when you know someone is HOME and not 3,000 miles away! My daughter Lauren said the same thing as Jennifer! I have lots to blog and post about my 3 week excursion!

Today's visit to CHAPS started out as having a yummy lunch and spying on Nat for a bit yet turned into more than that as we were able to have a purely {unplanned} delightful afternoon with dear friends whom we love with all our hearts! I will say the only thing missing today at lunch was my Lauren ~ she was hard at work at her job at Supercuts!!! So proud of both of my girls!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful post! Such a delightful day, I loved that we were able to spend some layed back time together. And I am SO proud of Nat and her new job! It was so fu seeing her as a Chapsgirl! Love to all of you! ANd Glenn is still asking about Uncle Jim! Love you!

    ReplyDelete