Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SWEET MEMORIES

My Poppy {my mom's dad} & I shared the same birthday!
 I was born on his 50th birthday in 1967!

It made celebrating our birthdays all the more special! It's hard to believe this year as I turned 45 he would have been 95...especially as I look at this picture from our birthday party in 1975!!!

Poppy lived to be 89 ~ and was a wonderful grandfather to me and I cherish all the sweet memories through the years. Highest on my list is every Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. ~ SHARP ~ he came and picked up my sister Laura & I at our home in DuPont and took us to breakfast at VIP'S in Nisqually! We lived at 705 Louviers Ave. and he and Granny lived at 206 Brandywine Ave., just 4 blocks away from us! The joys of small town living!!!

This picture is one of my favorites of us and as I look at it I remember how much I LOVED that orange flowered shirt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment