Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Boho Valentine Tea & Glitter Workshop

Remember I'm a Boho Girl??? This past October I went to a 3 day retreat at Elaine Tolson's home and it was extraordinary! Saturday, February 11th I was able to attend a 1 day retreat at her home. This was a Valentine Tea and Glitter Workshop! It was so much fun! I love anything and everything glitter...I'm just quite sure glitter can cure whatever might ail a girl...don't you??? I went with my friend Kathy and it was just perfect to spend a Saturday with her. She is the granddaughter of my sweet client that passed away and Kathy and I had spent every Saturday for over 4 years with her precious grandma. As we were making the long drive to Elaine's beautiful log home we chatted and laughed even shed a few tears and just enjoyed being together for a whole Saturday!

We made the most beautiful glittered sparkly wall art at the class and then had a Valentine tea fit for a queen. Sweet Jennifer who had cooked at the last Boho Retreat I attended did all the cooking for this event also. She did not disappoint!

Some pictures from the {glorious} GLITTER - filled day...

 Just a few things I LOVE about dear Elaine...
I love that she opens her home and heart to us ladies to create & fellowship
I love that she makes me feel so "at home" in her home
I love that she loves glitter as much as I do
I love that her precious mom Mavis is at the retreats and the bond they share
I love the history of the FAMILY log homestead where she lives
I love her SWEET SWEET spirit
I love that she loves RED {that's my mama's favorite color}
I love that she stands for what she believes in
I love that she has the sweetest little farm and how she loves her life
I love that she has many DREAMS
I love that she is a NANA and the sparkle that brings to her eyes like no other!
I love that she wears RED cowboy boots and she is so stinkin' cute
I love all these things and so much more and am so grateful
 for the friend I have in Elaine!

 Valentine paper hearts hanging around...made me smile

The collage heart I made with LOTSA glitter! LOVE IT!

creating is oh so much fun!

glue, embellishments and of course GLITTER so we can end up with...

How does a blank canvas end up like this? With GLITTER, glue, papers, doilies, bling, GLITTER, embellishments, paints, ribbons and did I mention GLITTER??? What I would like to know is how does Elaine come up with such ideas???? BRILLIANCE!

~Magical vintage Valentine decor~

~ Lil' Valentine cutie patootie! ~

~ Valentine whimsy for all to enjoy ~

OH YES! Twinkling lights under the punchbowl! Does it get any better?

I mean there was GLITTER and twinkling LIGHTS all throughout the day!

Our wonderful Valentine Tea ~ such pretty china & linens

Place cards for us to take home in addition to the charm necklace Elaine made all of us! Elaine makes the prettiest charm necklaces...we all went home with a sweet cupcake one!

YUMMY doesn't even begin to describe what Jennifer made for us. Her scones and lemon curd ARE numero uno in my book! and in my mouth! :) You get the picture!


It was a fantastic day! Another neat thing was meeting a lady who I had seen shopping the day before at Roost and getting to know her! It's fun to make new friends when going to a Boho Event!

THANK YOU ELAINE FOR THE MOST WONDERFUL BOHO
VALENTINE TEA & GLITTER WORKSHOP!!!

Here's a group shot of all of us gals at this event...you can imagine how fun that is to get a great shot of everyone however Sandy {the photographer} did a fantastic job of doing so!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment