Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lunch 'n Look

I have been wanting to host this luncheon for quite some time now and finally was able to a couple weeks ago. I thought it would be fun to have some of my "junkin" pals over so they could see how I've decorated my home with treasures I've purchased from each one at various shows and sales. Now that I'm part of this world on the selling end I know I wonder who buys that special something or where they might put it in their home. I guess essentially it's like hearing the rest of the story!
~There were 16 total at lunch and we had the BEST time~
laughing, talking, eating, reminiscing and just enjoying each others company

I made these for placecards ~ saw the idea on PINTEREST ~
love love love when those ideas really work!
I just put burlap in a frame and wrote with dry erase marker on the glass! They could take them home and erase that and re-use! Also love the re-usableness...:)

The other "party favor" I'm making each lady is a paperbag scrapbook from the day. I showed them the start and I'm finishing them up over the next couple weeks. It all worked out well because now I can add recipes and pictures from the actual Lunch 'n Look day!

I served Spokane Junior League Chicken Enchiladas and yummy corn relish salsa, salad and my mom's orange cream jello and also my mom's eclair cake. It was all so delicious and I couldn't have done the lunch part without my friends Cami and Kathy and my daughter Lauren. They totally saved the day. I can't thank them enough for all they did to help with the Lunch 'n Look.

My only regret that day is that I didn't get a group picture with all of us "Junkin' Girls"...but all in all it was an absolutely perfect day! I left my Christmas decorations up for the L 'n L which was on January 30th and today is February 15th and I'm STILL working on getting them down.  Tomarrow is the day for sure!

Yes, I indeed have the most patient and understanding husband in the whole world! 


2 comments:

  1. It was perfect! You are a wonderful host, with a beautiful home and christmas decorations that make me a bit crazy with envy!!! :) That's all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your craftiness Michelle!

    ReplyDelete