Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a very SCRABBLE Valentines...


I've been making these sort of pictures for our 3 Craft Chicks space at Roost and you would be surprised which letters you run out of! It's letters like V and Y not A and E...anyway...Jim called me today on Valentines as I was home in bed for the 3rd day sick {yuck} and asked which Scrabble letters I needed most. That's a funny question I thought but oh well..so I told him I needed some V's, Y's and L's. He said he was at a store where you could buy them individually so he would pick me up some extras! When he got home he gave me my presents...first were 2 full Scrabble games that he picked up at a thrift store and then the big guns...a BIG brown bag full of Scrabble tiles! He said he made an offer on the whole lot the man had and he accepted! I'm sure a LUCKY DUCK...that my husband would even be on the lookout for such things just makes me smile! Then he gave me my "real" gift...I thought the Scrabble items were but he said no they were for the business. I got another charm for on my Pandora bracelet ~ it has hearts on it! Ya know I sure do heart that man I'm married to! This year we will celebrate our 25th Anniversary and as many of you know that walked with us through the deep valley in our marriage over 6 years ago it is truly a miracle to be celebrating such a big event this year! It has come with alot of perseverance and determination but it well worth it! 
That really is what makes my heart the happiest!

I haven't even counted how many tiles were in the brown bag yet!

Scrabble game is a big game in the Craft family. Jim and Natalie LOVE to play it and Jim and his mom especially LOVE LOVE LOVE to play it whenever she comes to visit. I will readily admit I'm terrible at it however I have a new appreciation for Scrabble now! Funny how making some moolah from it has changed my perspective! HEE HEE!!! Jim has informed me that no matter how desperate I might become for a letter the Scrabble game that gets played in our home is off limits to me to use!!!

~pretty Pandora charm~

This is the glittery sparkly art I made at a Boho retreat this past weekend...I think it's true...
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!


So this is what I made for Jim...because I do LOVE HIM for ALWAYS!!!

My dear friend Gloria Hulst wrote on facebook on Valentines that she and her husband were celebrating their 69th Valentines together! WOW! Let's see when it's our 69th I'll be 89 and Jim will be 93...I say...
YES!!! That is a true love story!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet?!?! Wowzers, Jim really scored on all of the scrabble tiles :) You are so talented, Michele! I love you so stinkin' much!!!

    ReplyDelete