Saturday, May 12, 2012

Love spur of the moment moments...

I was reminded once again why I love that mom lives just minutes from me...

This past week I was talking to my mom and asked what she was up to that day and she told me she wanted to go to the MAC Museum which is the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture to see the Impressionism Art Exhibit as it was there until the 19th. I asked if I could go...silly question right? Of course I could and she told me to get over quickly so we could begin our fun {unplanned} adventure for the day!!!

First we had a bite to eat at the wonderful Cafe there at the MAC and I would highly recommend it! We shared a most yummy Caesar salad and pita bread with humus and also a bowl of vegetable lentil soup!!! It was super duper tasty!!! {Just like grocery shopping when hungry you should not blog about food when hungry either...}

After lunch we went a tour of the Historic Campbell House!!! I can't believe in all my years of living here this was my first time!!! It was extraordinary!!! My mom has a membership so I can go back anytime I want!!!


Inside...on the tour...
I love this dinner menu ~ and I ESPECIALLY LOVE that the Walnut & Cream Cheese Sandwiches were to have their crust removed!!! A very important detail in my world!!! As many of you know, I'm rather spoiled by Jim and when he makes me a sandwich he cuts the crust off!!! 

Their version of an intercom ~ they would laugh at us nowadays that we even use cell phones in the house as intercoms!!! Heehee!!!

This is my favorite room ~ The Calling Room ~
My pictures aren't the best because you can't use a flash inside the mansion!!!

The bedrooms were so beautiful...

and so was the dining room...

Can you even believe the inside of their car??? WOW!!!

We went into the MAC after our Campbell House tour and were both inspired and amazed by the Impressionism Art Exhibit!  The Renoir picture that is at the top of this post is one of my mom's favorites!!! It reminds her of my sister & me!!! There are other displays & exhibits going on also and it is absolutely phenomenal!!! If you live here in the Spokane area the MAC is definitely a destination worth going to!!!

OH! OH! OH! I almost forgot ~ one of my favorite parts of the day was as we were driving through the Brownes Addition to get to the museum we passed this most beautifully restored car ...
Isn't it a beauty???



No comments:

Post a Comment