Monday, January 16, 2012

3 Craft Chicks...

These past couple weeks have been busy getting ready for my new venture! It's been exciting and exhausting! I think the next month will continue to be this way as we're busy making things and re purposing items and finding things we want to sell.
 Our name is 3 Craft Chicks...love that! It is a family affair! Lauren makes paper crafts and Nat loves to go "picking" and help at the store where my space is. They both are naturals at all this. Jim is not in the name however he should be as he is the backbone of 3 Craft Chicks! Not only do I have the coolest last name because of him {hee hee} but he builds things and sees the vision I have for this business and just supports me more than I could ever imagine!

We will have a couple different areas at Roost...located at 7th and Main just across from Revival Lighting...for now we're working on a sweet little room and area on the first floor. Totally and completely love it! Jim and I went last Friday night and painted and starting setting up. I have a few things in there but will just keep adding more! There are paperbag scrapbooks, banners, repurposed handcrafted items and vintage items.


Getting started...Jim found some free pallets in the paper...
HOLD ON! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT WE HAVE UP OUR SLEEVES FOR THESE BABIES!


Painting my sweet little room...


Busy making projects...painting, sanding, gluing, hammering and just all sorts of fun stuff!!!

Jim did this so...

... I could make this...

my messy work area...
Wonder if I'm the only one that crafts and creates like this???

Items that are in my space at Roost...

I love this piece because it hosts pieces from different vendors at Roost! I bought the turquoise frame from Union and the beautiful vintage sheet music from Silver Suitcase and Dena co-owner of Roost gave me the feed sack. I added the rest and put it all together! It's for sale in my space if you want to stop by and take a look!

 Paperbag scrapbook album...ready for photos and other treasures. There are pull outs and tags for journaling and lots of areas for pictures and pretty embellishment and of course glitter and ribbons...

Banners, Banners and more Banners...
A wonderful thing about the paperbag albums and banners that Lauren and I make is they can also be customized! Perfect for birthdays or showers...I'm in the process of making a banner for each one in my family so it can pulled out for their birthday or special day they need to be recognized! The banners fold up easily and I wrap mine in tissue paper to preserve them so I can just pull one out whenever I need it! :)

wonderful vintage window...
just brought in 2 more just like this today...they are absolutely beautiful and have so much character!!!

a very sweet white farm cabinet and some vintage enamalware...

I can tell how much my whole family is going to love this new adventure! I love how it is something that we can all do together!!!

Stay tuned for more details as we just continue to add to our selection.




3 comments:

  1. im glad you are finally doing something you guys love so much. i love helping nat pick also its a lot of fun trying to find neat old things. cant wait to go see the place you have and see everything up close. everything you make always gets me in the mood to make stuff. i dont think i would be as crafty as i am these days if i have never met you. thanks for bringing my crafty side out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!
    Wishing you much LoVe and Success!
    xox Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete