Monday, January 9, 2012

A NEW VENTURE in a NEW YEAR...

I'm so very excited...a new year...a new venture...
let me tell you a little something about it...

Many of you know these past few months have held many adjustments after my client that I had cared for over the past 4 1/2 years went home to be with the Lord in August. I worked for Comfort Keepers and resigned after that as I needed a break...I had become so very attached to my sweet client and needed some healing time. I had been working my 40 plus hours a week on a pretty intense schedule so I could have consecutive days off and be home as much for my family. I worked Monday 4 p.m. till 8 a.m. on Tuesday morning and then Tuesday 4 p.m. till 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning and then every Saturday from 8 a.m. till 4 p.m. It was a wonderful schedule although I do admit I was tired ALL the time! I worked very part time for Gymboree and do continue to do that. I enjoy that and love the all the ladies I work with.

I have thoroughly enjoyed being home more with my family and getting caught up on many things that have been kind of slacking over the past few years! :) There has been opportunity to work more in a sales lead position at Gymboree however I just didn't have a peace in my heart about that. I love making things...papercrafting...scrapbooking...thrift shopping...junking...decorating my home...so I'm most excited to say that I will be able to do something that includes all my favorite things! When I worked at a caregiver I so enjoyed my job that I didn't always feel like I was working. I wanted that again when I got a new job.


I saw on facebook that Roost {a favorite vintage & antique store of mine} expanded and was looking for a few vendors. I mentioned it to Jim and he thought I should check into it!!! I went down to the store and visited with Dena {co-owner of Roost} and she also thought it would be a good idea and great fit for me! So that's what I'll be doing...renting a space at Roost and I'm so very excited! I'll admit I'm just alittle nervous but my excitement is far outweighing any apprehension I have!

In my space I will have vintage items, re purposed items, handcrafted memory items.  It's going to be fun! I love vintage items and love the stories and history that go along with old things! I love making scrapbooking items to preserve priceless memories! I make paper bag scrapbook albums with lots of glitter, pretty embellishments and paper that are all ready for photos. I'm enjoying making banners and garland that can be personalized for any occasion. This will allow me to do all of my favorite things!  Today have dust from head to toe as I've been sanding some pieces to get them ready to paint. The funny part is the pieces I'm working on so far are from in my garage...things I've picked up at yard sales and thrift shops! Jim is really EXCITED about this part!!! Cleaning out the garage and some in our basement...see now there is a purpose for lots of the junk I've bought or even got free!!! I'll be posting pictures soon!

Another awesome aspect to this is we can do it as a family! I LOVE THAT! We have a name all picked out and logo drawn up...of course after Jim did research to make sure it wasn't already taken! Jim and I have already gone out "picking" of some free items he saw in the paper that I can re purpose and I'm so very excited about that! Natalie is going to help with "picking", re purposing things and hauling items and just all around everything and Lauren will be able to help in the papercrafting area. She is so talented and I'm blessed that my little sweet family wants to be a part of this venture.

Stay tuned for more details...I will letcha know when I'm all moved in to my space at Roost {which I'm hoping is this weekend} and when the open house/grand opening is as Roost is 3 times bigger than it originally was...that will be an event you won't want to miss!!!

Looking forward to what this new year of 2012 holds for the Craft family!

6 comments:

  1. We are so very happy for you Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy for you...and it will be fun to see your finds!!! Hooray!! I will get myself to the reopening...wonderful post from wonderful you!=)
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollie...I'll keep ya posted on the reopening...I'm really looking forward to this new chapter in my life! :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am thrilled for you all!! I know you will have fun and do a super duper job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Shara! You are the one who originally said I should do something like this... :) Can't wait till the next time you come here so you can see Roost!
    I LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete