Sunday, January 8, 2012

a pretty PINK Christmas...CJH style...

My friend Kathy and I met when I began caring for her precious grandma over 5 years ago. Kathy was so involved in her grandma's life so I was blessed to become friends with her. We soon discovered we liked alot of the same things and shared a love for all things vintage especially vintage Christmas. Over the past year or so we started going to estate sales and vintage/antique shows together and just have a blast! This year I wanted to see her Christmas decorations because after her sweet grandma passed away she inherited many of her wonderful Christmas treasures! Kathy invited her cousin Cami {who has also become such a wonderful friend because of their grandma} and me for a scrumptious lunch and tour of the Christmas decorations!!!

It was so so so pretty!!!

 This is my favorite! Kathy's grandma always had a flocked Christmas tree and Kathy found this one that looked just like her grandma's just on a smaller scale. It now holds many treasured PINK ornaments from her grandma's tree. I loved seeing some of her grandma's PINK ornaments on this tree as I had helped decorate at her grandma's over the past few years. The neat thing too is her grandma took such meticulous care of her things and many ornaments are over 50 years old! Kathy has added some of her own vintage PINK to it too. All 5 grandchildren shared the family ornaments.
The felted PINK tree skirt was always one of my most favorites!!!

a very pretty PINK Christmas...CJH style...

Aren't these PINK angels just so wonderful???
{these are from the 1950's}

 

I found this pretty PINK vintage ornament and there was 3...
one for Kathy...
one for Cami...
one for me...
HOW PERFECT!!!

PINK tulle Christmas tree...LOVE {I want to learn to make these!}
I made Kathy the snow bowl...it has glitter that was her grandma's on the trees and sprinkled in the snow...

These next pictures are the absolutely amazing PINK Christmas tablecloth...
netting, tulle, pom poms, felt & sequins...does it get any prettier???

The prettiest stocking made by her grandma in the 1960's...
The display of grandchildren and great grandchildren stockings at CJH's home was quite spectacular. She made each one a stocking when they were born or married into the family. A total of 27 stockings hung in her home at Christmas.

The master bedroom is even decorated...
Kathy is my kinda girl!

These pictures look like out of a magazine or wonderful old Christmas movie...
Kathy's dad and Cami's mom with Santa at The Bon Marche in downtown Spokane in the late 1940's...

The main living room had the BIG...BIG...BIG...tree...
Oh...did I mention that it is BIG ??? 

Not only did we have a fantastic time seeing all her Christmas decorations, we ate a yummy lunch! Kathy made the most incredible sandwiches... grilled Havarti cheese, crab & guacamole ...it was DIVINE!!!

and Coke in the bottle...
Doesn't get much better than that!!! just sayin'
{loved the little crocheted holders that were from when they were little girls}

THANK YOU KATH FOR SUCH A SWEET DAY!!! 
LOVED OUR TIME TOGETHER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment