Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Birthay dear Grammy Pat!!!

Today is our sweet friend, Pat Nave's 70th birthday!!! She is Grammy Pat to our whole family and we ALL just love her to pieces!!! We met the Nave's over 12 years ago when we moved to Spokane and Jim was stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base. We went to the same church...Airway Heights Baptist Church.

When we began attending that church we had decided we would "lay low" and not get involved as Jim had just returned from a year long remote assignment and we just wanted to be together as a family. Shortly thereafter 2 men came to visit us from the church and to get to know us.  Of course before they came Jim and I talked again about not getting involved and such. Al Nave and Carl Whitely were the 2 that came and they both are such endearing, sweet men. While they were there I excused myself to help Natalie finish up her bath. When I came back into the living room, Al said "So I hear you play the piano and organ?"...I replied "yes sir" while I'm sure giving Jim the death glare!!! He said his wife played the piano and he would introduce us the following Sunday.  That's how it all began! We would meet at the church during the week to practice and I really enjoyed her. She invited our family over to Sunday Dinner {kind of a lost art} and when we were done eating, Nat climbed up in Al's lap and asked if she could call him Grandpa. He said YES immediately and told Lauren and Tyler they could also and they could call Pat ~ Grammy Pat!!! I love remembering that day!!!

Grammy Pat and I have so much fun together and enjoy so many of the same hobbies. We have spent countless hours stamping and scrapbooking. She taught me how to can ~ it was a family affair ~ that we all remember fondly. Picking green beans from Grandpa's garden, snapping green beans then finally canning!!! My kids are quite certain that Grammy Pat knows everything and can fix anything. Many of you remember the time Lauren's prom dress did not fit like it had in the store and she did not realize this until 2 hours before prom. I told her an idea I had to fix it and she looked at me quite horrified & SOBBING and said "Do you think you are a seamstress?" {You can probably tell from that I'M NOT} She then said..." I WANT TO CALL GRAMMY PAT...SHE'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!"  We called and she told us to come right down ~ they live only a few miles from us. GUESS WHAT??? SHE FIXED IT!!! Grammy Pat {once again} saved the day!!!

The Nave's have been there for the Craft family no matter what ~ no matter the hour ~ no matter the circumstance!!! They are the BEST and you see why I wanted to wish this very special lady the most wonderful birthday ever!

I apologized to Jim for giving him the "death glare" because as you can tell that was one of the best things he ever did.  I'm so thankful for meeting the Nave's and becoming part of their family!!!

Happy Happy Birthday to our dearest Grammy Pat!!!
We LOVE you!!!

1 comment: