Monday, March 19, 2012

the STORY of the AWNINGS


Many of you probably recognize the wonderful awnings that we just placed in our spaces at Roost. I wanted to share the fun story of how we acquired them from Serena Thompson of Farm Chicks!

Last fall I remember seeing an ad on Craig's List for these wonderful awnings and wished I had a use for such magnificence & sweetness!!! She used the awnings on the outside of the building that held her Farm Chicks store at one point in time.

Well, as it happens, in January I did see a use for those sweetest awnings. So I emailed Serena and told her I knew it was a far fetched question ~ HAD THOSE AWNINGS SHE HAD FOR SALE ON CRAIG'S LIST SOLD?  I waited patiently for her response...NOT!!! {I'll readily admit I'm not always that patient}

She wrote back and said YES THEY WERE STILL AVAILABLE!!! She also said her husband would be so very grateful to whomever bought them because they were taking up room in their garage! :) With just starting my new business of 3 Craft Chicks I knew the budget may not allow for the awnings. Serena graciously allowed me to make payments! {That was so sweet of her}

I still had payments left when one day my sweetie told me he got alittle bonus at work and did I want to pay off my awnings and pick them up and get them up in Roost!!! OF COURSE I SAID YES!!!

We picked up the awnings and I was so beyond excited! They were even better than I had anticipated! I love when that happens!!! There are 7!!! YES I SAID 7!!! One very large one that Dena and Joy allowed us to hang in the main area of Roost to "cozy" it up and so far "we" {yes that means JIM} have 2 in our 3 Craft Chicks spaces. They are such a brilliant red and white and just gorgeous!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN to Serena for working with me on this whole purchase and
THANK YOU to my husband Jim for installing them!!!

p.s. I emailed Serena after we picked them up and asked if her hubby was glad to have them out of the garage. She wrote back and said YES and that she had not told him they were being picked up that particular day so he was very pleasantly surprised when she took him into their garage! This worked out VERY WELL for all involved!!!

3 comments:

  1. They look amazing in the store! Love the story too, isn't it great when good things happen.

    xoxo Glad & Cel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is amazing as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed. I am thankful as i got your article when was searching awnings

    ReplyDelete