Wednesday, March 7, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend JEAN

My friend Jean ~ where do I begin ~ I knew her as a little girl then we moved to Pennsylvania when I was 9 but then moved back to Tacoma, Washington when I was 16.  My sister Laura and I spent countless hours at Olson's home...we were always welcome there. We would stay overnight if our parents were out of town, Jean took us shopping, taught us both how to drive a car :), would watch movies and visit for hours with us, cooked with us, was my wedding planner and the list could on & on. 

 Most importantly I KNOW she prayed for me. 

I admired her and always looked up to her. I've always just loved the way she is steady and true. She is the wife to Jim Olson and the mother to 3 wonderful boys {now grown men with children of their own}. She has 3 beautiful daughter in laws which I know make her so happy! She is a VERY proud grandma too!!!

She went through the tremendous loss of my sweet sister and was always there for me as I journeyed through that most difficult time.

Jean taught me how to make Chicken Divan ~ something my husband Jim is grateful for!!!

I love that Jean loves Christmas as much as I do ~ I bought my very first Santa when shopping with her! Now almost 25 years later I have lots but that first one is extra special to me. She bought herself one too! Jean loves to entertain and enjoys decorating her home ~ I love that about her!

I remember after I gave birth to Tyler {almost 24 years ago} and was in the recovery room and couldn't see anybody {I was at a military hospital and they didn't allow anyone except your spouse in} I heard Jean's voice at the nurses station and they weren't going to let her come back to me. I called the nurse and said "PLEASE" ~ she's like my family and I need to see her! :) They let her come back to see me!

I haven't seen Jean much over the last several years since we moved to Spokane however we always just pick up where we left off and I know she's always there for me. After my mom's ovarian cancer surgery almost 4 yrs. ago who do you think came to the hospital to visit me??? JEAN OLSON! Just a few months ago I emailed Jean and asked her to pray with me about something weighing heavy on my heart ~ she sent back a message that said "ON IT"! I love that about her!

She is so constant and true blue!

I just called Jean and ya know another thing I love??? She still has the same phone number she has had for over 30 years and I still remembered it in my head! I love that she answered and she sounds the same...she was just getting ready for Bible study at her home so I'm going to call her back in about an hour...

I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO TALK TO MY FRIEND
JEAN
and
tell her HOW MUCH I LOVE HER!!!
and
WISH HER THE HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!!!

1 comment: