Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas at the Craft Home...

I sure do love Christmas! I love decorating for the season! I love all the traditions and cherished memories it holds. Thought you might enjoy a little tour of our home during this most wonderful time of the year. We'll start in my formal living room...

One of my most favorite displays is above my piano. These shelves hold some of my Santa collection.

This was a new addition this year to the Santa shelf, garland, lights & shiny brite ornaments!

These little Santa mugs are some of my most favorite. Jim bought me the 4 that are this shelf 15 years ago at an antique store in Montgomery, Alabama while he was on a military assignment! He's so sweet to me!

Isn't this little Santa playing the piano just too darn cute?
{do you recognize it Jennifer?}

This was a favorite find at an estate sale this past summer with my friend Kathy. In the original box with original price tag of a whopping .93 cents {from Montgomery Wards}! I think it's so cool to find these little treasures. If only they could talk...the stories of past Christmastimes they would tell!!!

I love vintage Golden Books especially Christmas ones! {shocking I know!}

Even better cuz Mrs. Clause has a PINK apron on!

My girls think many of my vintage Santa's are "creepy"...this being one of them! Many times as I pass by the piano the "scary" ones are turned around! They are 19 & 16 and still doing this to me! I tell them one day they will treasure all my wonderful vintage collection of Christmas decorations. Hmmmm...they are not so sure!

These are at the tippy top of my favorites list also! Over 17 years ago my friend Debbie and I got up bright and early and went to JC Penney's for an early bird sale in December. They looked vintage to us and we both loved them and I guess now 17 + years later they are well on their way to becoming vintage!

I'm going to wrap up this post for a couple reasons. First, my computer is being super duper duper duper slow! It's driving me batty! It's making me breath deeply in frustration which in turns frustrates my family who are watching tv in the same room.  Secondly, I have many more decorations to share so I'll show another part tomarrow!

Stay tuned for the Craft Home Christmas Tour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment