Monday, December 19, 2011

Filling dad's shoes is NOT an easy task...


These are the words Natalie said this past week as Jim has been gone for a few days over in Bothell helping and caring for his SWEET Grandma Lorraine! {I absolutely HEART Grandma...that's another blogpost} So, Natalie who is 16 has really been a huge help to me! I had several things going on that needed the attention of good ol' Jimbo however I didn't have to worry a single bit! 

First, I was having a work Christmas party for my Gymboree ladies and it has been so foggy lately that I was worried about how they would see to turn on my road. There are no lights on our road so that alone makes it tricky but then you add heavy fog and icy conditions, etc., it can just be a big mess! Nat told me NOT to worry at all...she would take care of it for me! I went to an appointment on Saturday a.m. and she called me that afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. and told me it was all taken care of! I was most excited to get home to see what she had fixed up!  She wrapped lights around the mailbox so people could see which driveway to turn into and then made a lighted pathway in the front grass so they would come to the front door. We usually use our back door but it is SOOO icy on that walkway and I didn't want anyone to fall! It worked out perfect! I loved it and I couldn't have asked for anything better! She did comment that doing the things dad does are not always easy! My friends that came to the party said they would not have found it without the lights!


PERFECT! PERFECT! PERFECT!

Some additions to the front porch to make it warm and inviting! Normally it's so windy {and snowy} this time of year however this particular night although it was freezing cold it was perfectly calm...thus the reason I could have candles out there. In mason jars by the way so I felt kinda Martha Stewartish...you know how I like that!

THANKS FOR SAVING THE DAY ON THAT SITUATION NATTERS!

Secondly, that same weekend Lauren had a friend and her {darling} 3 year old girl stay the night and Saturday a.m. Nat got up and made us all breakfast before Lauren and her friend went off to Paul Mitchell School. Nat came in my room and woke me up at 6:30 a.m. {on a SAT} and said she was making a big breakfast for us all. She said that's something her dad would do if he were home! Let me tell you...it did not disappoint! We had chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns! I'm not kidding...Nat did it all! I just set the table and turned the pancakes! That's all she needed me to do! Anyway, it was so fun and so extra special to have her do that. The 3 year old  REALLY liked the chocolate chip pancakes! {Me too}


I just LOVE that all this and so much more about Natalie! She's ALWAYS thinking and doing for others! There used to be show on the Disney Channel called "Kim Possible" and on it the mom used to say to Kim Possible...YOU ROCK MY WORLD KIMMY! I have said that now to my Natalie for years! She bought me a Kim Possible key chain 3 years ago and it sits in my kitchen windowsill...I love that reminder of our love and it's also my prayer reminder many times throughout my day as I stand at my kitchen sink!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY KIMMY! 
SHE DEFINITELY ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment