Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Lunch at my friend Cami's...

My sweet friend Cami hosted her "Annual Cousins Christmas Lunch" on December 2nd and I was so very excited to be invited as I'm not a {real} cousin! Cami is the granddaughter of my precious client that passed away and I felt so honored to attend this most special event! It was such a fun afternoon. Cami's home is decorated beyond beautiful and we all enjoyed a tour of all the different Christmas trees {which I love since I have multiple trees too} and had a delicious lunch she prepared with many of her Grandma's wonderful recipes. It was so special to spend time with the cousins and reminisce about their grandma. One thing I've come to love and appreciate is the relationship we all share because of their Grandma however now that she's gone on to be with the Lord our friendship still continues and keeps growing. {sure makes my heart happy}

Christmas was such a huge part of their Grandma's world and that was just another something I loved about her because those who know me know how important Christmastime is to me and how I love this season! Many of Cami's decorations had been her Grandma's and are so near and dear to her heart!

Dani, Rachael, Cami, Kathy, Shelly and Michele

The table was set so pretty...

The scrumptious food...
This special jello was delicious and served on Cami's Grandma's beautiful Fostoria cake plate. We also had ham, potatoes romanoff {yummy family recipe}, broccoli with cheese sauce, bean salad {mmm}, fluffy jello, relish tray complete with celery with cheese whiz {just like their grandma always had}. It was so wonderful and so lovingly prepared with so many memories attached to each dish!

Yummy dessert...Red Velvet Cake!

Some of the beautiful Christmas decorations...
Vintage Santa collection

A favorite family picture...this is Cami's mom with Santa back in the 1950's at the downtown Bon Marche. Looks like right  out of the movie "Miracle on 34th Street".

Love this blow mold Santa...

 This winking Santa mug is one of my favorites!

Another amazing picture of Cami's Mom & Santa

Now for the tour of trees...
This is the big tree in the main living room. It's decorated mostly with Old World Christmas glass ornaments and other memorable ornaments. I think it's 9 ft. tall! So pretty!

This is the skier tree...
Most of the ornaments on this very special tree were from Cami's Grandma through the years. She always gave the 5 grandkids a skier ornament {with money to go skiing}. Cami kept the boxes and notes that went with the ornaments. I love that their Grandma had such wonderful traditions. 
I love this picture as it's the skier tree with the "big" tree in the background! I think Cami should put garland or lights on that deer...what do you think???

Next tree...Oriental tree...{sooooo pretty}
These ornaments were her Grandma's and extra special to me because I decorated that tree for her Grandma the last 4 years. Each ornament was placed carefully in it's original box so although many many years old they all looked brand new.

Another tree...the Lake theme...

2 more trees and I didn't get a picture of them. There was a sun and moon theme tree in one of the bedrooms. It was so pretty and sparkly. Also was a 50's retro aluminum tree. So VERY cool!!! I just loved it because this about how many trees I have! I made sure Jim looked at the pictures so I had proof I'm not the only one who decorates like this!

Some other decorations that were Cami's Grandma's so they are very cherished!
I love these ice skaters!



It was just an absolutely wonderful day and perfect way to start the Christmas season! I truly appreciated being a part of this tradition! We all received a pretty Old World Christmas ornament {which I love because I like Cami have a separate tree of these ornaments}. She chose one that reminded her of her precious Grandma...who loved a pink Christmas, loved giving gifts and especially loved celebrating the holidays with family and friends!

With HEARTFELT THANKS Cami for a simply
splendid day! You're such a wonderful hostess!
Cami in one of her Grandma's Christmas Aprons! LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michele!
    What a fun and magical day you girls had! Everything looks beautiful!
    Merry Christmas!

    P.S. Looking forward to a tour soon!

    xoxo
    Glad & Cel

    ReplyDelete