Friday, September 30, 2011

Flashback Friday...

My mom's birthday is in a couple days so I'm working on a lil' something for her and it involves lots of pictures of my sister and me growing up so of course thought I'd share some sweet pictures from that project!



Laura & Michele
at my Granny & Poppy's home
Easter 1971

 circa 1971
Sitting on the front steps at our DuPont home...
705 Louviers Avenue
I sure did love that house! We lived there until 1977

I remember how much I loved this purple outfit! It even had
polyester purple pants!
Isn't my sissy too cute in this picture?

circa 1974
This was such a fantastic day! Every Saturday morning my Poppy came
and picked up Laura and me at 9 a.m. sharp and took us to breakfast at VIP'S.
This time there was an Easter coloring contest and guess what???
I WON! the BIG PURPLE rabbit!
I remember my Poppy calling me and telling me I won and then he came
and drove us down there to pick up the wonderful prize! :)

This was our trip back to Iowa to visit my wonderful Grandma Miller!
My dad had built a bed in the back of our VW Van and we just
thought it was grand! That's our family dog Pixie with the cool shades on!

The Miller's
my dad Kenny, Laura, my mom JonElla, PIXIE and Michele
Pixie gets all caps because my sister and I were just
quite sure my mom loved pixie more than us! XOXO
Of course it wasn't true...now as an adult and a mom myself
I can't believe the things kids think sometimes! Sure is
a good thing mom's go with the flow and understand!

May 1, 1977
Laura was 7 and I was 9
I REMEMBER THIS DAY VERY VIVIDLY!
This was after a piano recital at the Officer's Club on Fort Lewis Army Post
I had been taking piano for 4 years at this point and remember playing
"The Spinning Song" for this recital. My dad and sister were also in
this recital. Mrs. Andre was our piano teacher and I will say she was
the best teacher and I have her to thank for my good foundation in piano.
 I also remember how very much I LOVED this dress! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment