Friday, September 9, 2011

Fun Filled Funky Junk Day



A highlight of labor day weekend for me is the Funky Junk Antique Show in Sandpoint, Idaho. My friend Kathy and I made the 2 hour drive to it this past Sunday and like usual it did not disappoint!!!! Hollie and Jennifer are the sweetest gals that run the event and there are so many vendors with oodles of wonderful treasures. There were many highlights to the day like spending the day with my friend, talking until we both were hoarse on the car ride home, winning a delightful cookbook in the raffle, purchasing a couple "must haves" and a yummy dinner at a sweet cafe in downtown Sandpoint! 

I won! I won! I won! Jennifer and I with my new Centennial Cookbook! I'm so excited to try some of the recipes some of which are her mother and grandmother's!
Love it!
THANKS Hollie & Jennifer

My favorite find of the day...a box of vintage craft supplies with lots and lots of glitter! A girl can never ever have too much glitter! 
Just sayin'!

Another great find for our Coca-Cola collection!
The motto around the Craft house is..."Everything's better with Coke!"

Couldn't resist this picture...something funny...doesn't every house NEED this pink floral 50's toilet set cover!           

Just simply LOVE this!


So happy to find these gals again! They have the neatest treasures!
                         

My other favorite finds! This darling metal yellow hamper which I will store quilts in and the insides to a canner with the jars has been on my "want list" for quite some time! Which I'm sure many of you are wondering what I might possibly want to do with that...let me assure I have many ideas! Last but not least are my vintage Christmas Glass Bulbs. I LOVE all things Christmas and most especially vintage ornaments. When I spotted the pink ones I knew my friend Kathy would also be just as enthusiatic about them so I held back. As she picked up the box...there was another box of pink ones underneath! It was meant to be! We both were able to purchase a box of pink vintage ornaments!

A sweet find of the day were these vinyl placemats & cloth napkins in the original packaging and these birthday candles from 1965 and birthday candle holders with an original mere .15 cent price on them!


When I spotted this man I told him I knew who he was! He of course looked at me hesitantly! I told him I follow his beloved's blog and she talks so highly of him. He's very handy and helps see her visions to completion many times just as my beloved does! This day he was working at his beloveds soap and berry tables! He took a lil' break on this groovy chaise lounge and proceeded to tell me the story that goes along with it. Bear in mind there are 2 stories...first one is the real one...a friend got it at a yard sale over 40 years ago and is now ready to sell it...which I think is cool as it such a one of a kind piece. He thinks that story is rather boring so the story he prefers to tell is that Hugh Hefner gave it to him and ...well you get the picture! Anyway...he has a great sense of humor and is lotsa fun to chat with! You may be wondering what his name is...I'm not really sure! 
To me he is Funky Junk Jennifer's Better Half!!!

This is one of the many kinds of soap Jennifer sells! This particular spearmint/peppermint smelled yummy! So much so I was tempted to take a bite out of it! Thought better of doing that since her better half was standing right there! The color of the soap is absolutely beautiful! The perfect blend of turquoise and aqua!


Just thought this too cute!  Junebug packin' up!
Do you suppose that lil' cutie goes with the awesome table???


                Did I already mention this box of vintage glitter is one of my favorites? 


This cold Orange Cream Soda sure tasted good after a 
fun filled Funky Junk day! 
Can't wait til next time Kath!

p.s.Another fantastic find...a  birthday gift for a friend who turns the BIG 50 in November! Will post about that then so as not to give away the surprise!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What fun!!! I need a vintage/shabby room in my house! You make it all look so fun! You found some neat stuff :) You look adorable!! I miss you lots and lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! It looks like you found some wonderful treasures. I am jealous!! So glad that you enjoyed the sale. It is customers like you that make is so worthwhile. Have a great day and thanks so much for the Sisters Creed shout out! :)

    Kristin Johnson
    Sisters Creed

    ReplyDelete