Friday, September 30, 2011

the PINK room



As children start leaving the nest their rooms become available to this mama to do with as she has always wished! I have always wanted a shabby chic PINK room. I have one now and I LOVE IT! We left the walls a pale yellow although I wanted to paint them pink. Jim said that might be a bit much! He was right! So I just decorated that guest room to my hearts content in all things PINK and shabby chic/vintage! I threw in a splash of aqua and just love it! It is one of my favorite rooms in our home! I love to go in there and look around at all the pretties. It always makes me smile.
Another little secret... I love to take naps in there! :) 

I have so many favorites in that room and just thought you might like a tour of the PINK room...

 This old window is a wonderful purchase from "Farm To Market" and it holds lots of treasures! I love the old hankies, old & new pictures to love, lots of crystals and baubles. The vintage pink purse was a purchase from "Funky Junk". Isn't the paper wreath above it just spectacular? The girls at "All That Glitter" made that!


I must say this window with another paper wreath in it is top of my list! The narrow table underneath is very dear to me and belonged to my a very dear friend who was like a Gramma to me. She used to LOVE to put contact paper on all her tables! I started to take the marble looking contact paper off this table and then stopped! I realized that was the character to this table and also the memories I have of this table were with the contact paper! The pictures on top of the table are especially precious as they are mine and my sister's pictures when we were little. The picture on the left is me and the one on the right is my sister Laura. The Band hat all decorated is done by "All That Glitter". The pink window I found at a yard sale...you just have keep your peepers open and you never know what you may find!


Really my all time top favorite thing in this room is the vinyl pink chandelier with crystals on it! It's vinyl from Upper Case Living and my daughter Lauren very patiently put it up for me! Have you ever seen such a magnificent headboard!!!!!

Another view of all the neat things in the PINK room!!!
This dresser is special to me...it was my sister and mine as little girls. There had been a built desk in this corner and Jim ripped it out and then painted the bookshelf above it so it looked more shabby chic! The chandelier is an old light fixture with wiring taken out and votives and doilies where the lights used to be. Pretty spiffy...I purchased this at "Orphaned Decor". It also has crystals dangling from it!!! Love it!

Can you believe this is an old piece of bed spring? Neat holder I thought...the cupcakes and ice cream cones are all made by "All That Glitter". Looks yummy enough to take a bite out of!!!

A PINK Christmas Tree! When I took down the pink holiday decor after Christmas last year...just couldn't bring myself to take down the PINK tree! It has pretty PINK ornaments on it some of which are vintage. The sign above the PINK tree reads "I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas". SIMPLY PINKFECT! This sign was actually the first thing I bought many years ago because I just knew someday I would have a PINK room!

Love the old PINK medicine cabinet! Purchased that from "Farm To Market" at the Farm Chicks 2011 Show!  It hold toiletries for when guests come and spend the night and may have forgot something. Towels are also on the door...I love it when people come stay with me! We've had a few...Shara came last November and she was the first guest in the PINK room. My girls refer to it now as "Shara's Room". So excited that she's coming again in just a month! Jim's mom and sister have stayed in it a couple times and my friend Elise who lives here in Spokane has stayed overnight so we could have a girls night! The girls have had friends who have also stayed in this room....so it's open and available anytime! Would love to have you!

Perfect for me...a monogrammed "M" handkerchief
A treasured picture my mom gave me in memory of my sweet sister
 
Sure do love chenille...

Just made some small changes today to the PINK room...put an Audrey Hepburn saying and changed a couple of the decorations...



Little nightlight from my nursery when I was a baby!

I'm just sure every PINK room needs a PINK poodle!

Hope you enjoyed a peek into my PINK room!

2 comments:

  1. MICHELE!You have no idea how much I love your pink room. I think it is by far the best and my most favorite room of your house. I love sleeping in this room when I come over and visit. Also you and this room has given me so many ideas for my future home and even my room now. Thank you mama michele :D love ya and this amazingly perfect pink room!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the pink room!! I am counting the days until I get to be it's guest! Love you!! When I grow up, I want a piƱon room, just like this ;)

    ReplyDelete