Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally Home

I want to share about my client  I had the honor and privilege of caring for over the last 4 years. I worked for Comfort Keepers for 5+ years and one summer day in July 2007, my world changed! I was sent to a clients home because she was having temporary care after a broken wrist. When I entered her home it was so calm and peaceful and oh so beautiful! She was 86 and I do believe one of the sweetest women I  ever met. We talked easily and "hit it off" immediately. As I put her in bed that night she told me she could tell we would be friends and she knew I was a christian. We prayed that night and thus began the prayer I heard countless times over the next 4 yrs. Her prayer and hearts desire was to go home to be with her Lord. She felt she had lived a long wonderful life and was just ready. ( I kid you not, she prayed that everyday!)

I always told her the Lord still had plans for her here on this earth. One of which was that I could learn and grow from her testimony and example to me. She was one of the most extraordinary people I have ever known. That's a whole blogpost in and of itself. I also became very close friends with many of her family for which I will be forever grateful! The Lord had so many wonderful plans when He brought our paths together.

When I began blogging  last week I noticed the "about me" which I had set up over 2 months ago still said I worked for Comfort Keepers as a caregiver. I could not bring myself to change it even though  I needed to because on August 2 my sweet client did have her prayer answered and she entered into HEAVEN at 7:05 a.m. on my shift. Although it was painful to watch her go it was also the highest privilege to hold her hand as she took her last breath here on earth.

She was indeed FINALLY HOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment